Website State Fair of Texas
About the State Fair of Texas Since its inception in 1886, the State Fair of Texas has celebrated all things Texan by promoting agriculture, education, and community involvement through quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment. The State Fair of Texas is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with all proceeds helping to preserve and improve Fair Park and underwrite museum, community and scholarship programs for inner city youth and students pursuing agricultural careers. The 2017 exposition runs September 29 through October 22 in Fair Park. Visit BigTex.com for more information.
The State Fair of Texas (SFT) is seeking a high energy and personable seasonal IT Specialist to help end users and the IT Manager with pre-fair, during and post-fair IT related tasks. The seasonal IT Specialist will be proficient in IT troubleshooting and repair for hardware and peripherals.
As a seasonal hire you will have a defined employment time period, ending on Friday, October 22, 2021.
What you’ll do as an IT Specialist:
- Resolve Tier I and Tier II hardware and network connectivity issues.
- Assist user with software and printing issues
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot computer and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, software, and other products in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- With assistance, plug in aerial Ethernet Cables, to switches, ticket booths, gates, and scanning channels.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
- Excellent knowledge of PC internal components.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
High School diploma or equivalent is required, and the following:
- 6+ months of work experience in IT/related field.
- [A+ Certification/Google IT Support Professional Certificate] along with non-IT customer facing experience is acceptable in lieu of 6+ months of IT experience.
- Some college credits towards an IT degree (Or Associate’s Degree) along with non-IT customer facing experience is acceptable in lieu of 6+ months of IT experience.
- Pass an employment and criminal background check.
- Lift and/or pull up to 30 lbs without assistance
- Work inside and outside in various weather conditions to prepare for the State Fair
- Work mandatory overtime as required
- Climb ladders and go under counters, desks as needed to reach IT elements.
This position reports to the IT Manager.