About the State Fair of Texas Since its inception in 1886, the State Fair of Texas has celebrated all things Texan by promoting agriculture, education, and community involvement through quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment. The State Fair of Texas is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with all proceeds helping to preserve and improve Fair Park and underwrite museum, community and scholarship programs for inner city youth and students pursuing agricultural careers. The 2017 exposition runs September 29 through October 22 in Fair Park. Visit BigTex.com for more information.
This position is responsible for the data entry of the daily seller’s cash sheets and credit card receipts and other miscellaneous office functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Coupon Sales Data Entry Clerk is responsible for collecting the daily seller’s cash sheets and credit card receipts as the Coupon Sellers come in at the end of day and accurately enter this information into the Coupon Sales System.
- RECEIVE daily seller’s cash sheets and credit card receipts
- VERIFY information on daily seller’s cash sheets for accuracy and completion
- PERFORM data entry functions to accurately enter the information from the daily seller’s cash sheets and credit card receipts into the Coupon Sales System
- OPERATE a variety of office equipment including telephone, computer, calculator, and copy machines
- ASSIST with the daily monitoring of the Kiosk activity
- DOCUMENT all kiosk trouble issues into the daily kiosk log
- ASSIGN appropriate kiosk support staff to investigate and resolve the issue
- PERFORM other miscellaneous adhoc office tasks as assigned
- Modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment
- Experience performing data entry tasks
- Ten key by touch using a keyboard for data entry
- People skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Key in information in a fast and accurate manner
- Communicate with all Coupon Sales staff in a courteous manner
- Pay attention to details
- Maintain a neat and friendly appearance
- Keep all areas safe and clean
- Adhere and enforce all rules and regulations found in the employee handbook