Website State Fair of Texas (Platinum Security)
Since its inception in 1886, the State Fair of Texas has celebrated all things Texan by promoting agriculture, education, and community involvement through quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment. The State Fair of Texas is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with all proceeds helping to preserve and improve Fair Park; underwrite museum, community, and scholarship programs for inner-city youth and students pursuing agricultural careers; and help improve State Fair operations. The 2018 exposition runs September 28 through October 21 in Fair Park. Visit BigTex.com for more information.
Responsible for security for performers, entrance locations, tents and buildings, and various locations on the Fair Park grounds during the State Fair Season.
1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts available.
Screen guests entering the State Fair Park grounds by bag searching technique, hand wand metal detector. Ensure assigned areas are being observed for unauthorized entrance along with providing protection to performers and entertainers while performing and transporting from dressing rooms to/from performance locations.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A positive attitude and good work ethics
- A professional and well-groomed appearance
- Ability to remain at post for long periods of time
- Effective communication skills in English, orally and written
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather
- *Clean, Clear, Background*