Website State Fair of Texas
About the State Fair of Texas Since its inception in 1886, the State Fair of Texas has celebrated all things Texan by promoting agriculture, education, and community involvement through quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment. The State Fair of Texas is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with proceeds helping to preserve and improve our home, Fair Park; underwrite museums, community initiatives, and scholarship programs to support students throughout the Lone Star State pursuing higher education; and help improve State Fair operations. The 2019 exposition runs September 27 through October 20 in Fair Park. Visit BigTex.com for more information.
The State Fair of Texas is currently seeking qualified applicants to fill temporary part-time House Manager positions at the Coliseum to work August 30 – August 31, 2019.
- House Managers will be responsible for the front of house operations and the oversite and coordination of the usher staff on the night of the event. House managers are expected to provide exceptional customer service, including assisting with complex guest issues including ADA seating and safety concerns.
- Will work in tandem with management to ensure a safe, family friendly environment for all guests and participants.
- House managers will anticipate guest needs, address concerns and incidents, and provide concise information to management.
- Qualified applicants must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in front of house or entertainment management.
- Must be a confident verbal communicator with effective listening and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess the ability to remain calm and assertive under stress.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs, bend, kneel, climb stairs, and remain standing for extended periods of time.
- Work schedules for these positions will be for the evening of August 30, 2019 and August 31, 2019 between 4 pm and 10 pm. You must be able to work both days to qualify.