StateFairofTX Statefair of Texas
Please note: In order to host a safe event for everyone, all seasonal employees currently working or joining the State Fair in the foreseeable future must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to HR before we complete the hiring process. Your proof of vaccination will be kept secure and confidential. The COVID-19 vaccine is essential for us to host an event this fall, which serves as our largest fundraiser and main source of revenue for the year, and we need to ensure that our employees, vendors, and guests are kept safe and healthy.
Repair and maintain existing plumbing related fixtures.
Perform plumbing maintenance work incidental to and in connection with the repair, maintenance and replacement of existing potable water piping, existing sanitary waste and vent piping, existing plumbing fixtures and existing water heaters to meet state law, municipal rules and ordinances regarding plumbing codes and plumbing inspections.
- A background check is mandatory and results must meet State Fair of Texas’ background check criteria.
- Safe and effective practices, principles and techniques of marginal plumbing repairs to existing fixtures.
- Troubleshoot, and repair necessary items or facilities as needed.
EXPERIENCE and TRAINING GUIDELINES
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Possession or, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid Texas driver’s license.
- Environmental Conditions:
- Exposure to typical fall weather in Texas
- Significant walking on a daily basis; sitting and standing for prolonged periods; climbing, stooping, kneeling; must be able to operate an assigned vehicle; general manual dexterity; visual acuity to conduct inspections.