Website State Fair of Texas
Since its inception in 1886, the State Fair of Texas has celebrated all things Texan by promoting agriculture, education, and community involvement through quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment. The State Fair of Texas is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with proceeds helping to preserve and improve our home, Fair Park; underwrite museums, community initiatives, and scholarship programs to support students throughout the Lone Star State pursuing higher education; and help improve State Fair operations. The 2021 exposition runs September 24 through October 17 in Fair Park. Visit BigTex.com for more information.
The State Fair of Texas (SFT) is seeking an Information Specialist for the 2022 State Fair. This person focuses on assisting guests, answering questions, handing out information guides and other customer service duties.
Responsibilities may include: delivering remarkable guest services; answering a multi-line phone system; working in a Fair information booth, will call booth, phone bank, or in guest relations; being an ambassador for the State Fair; being proactive with guests to answer any questions and resolve any issues; being flexible in handling guest situations while maintaining a positive attitude; constantly interact with guests and staff; helping create lifelong positive memories for our guests; and assisting with the Fair’s overall guest services activities to continuously improve the overall guest experience. This could include pre-Fair preparations and post-Fair breakdown.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- An outgoing personality, ready to accommodate all levels of guest interactions.
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to make sound decisions.
- A good listener with ability to empathize along with creative problem solving.
- Maintains knowledge of SFT events, schedules, entertainment, food locations, & other offerings.
- A responsible, creative, and flexible team player, who is able to adjust easily.
- Initiative to educate oneself on the in-house reference resource available along with information handbook.
- Willing to take additional initiative to learn information if not available, and share with guest and other Information Services Personnel.
- Has a working knowledge of Fair Park layout – buildings, names of streets, operations of other SFT departments.
- , especially during the 24 days of the Fair.
- Identify and report safety concerns to appropriate department or supervisor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate with guest and staff
- Ability to work alongside manager for pre- and post-Fair training and time set-up needs.
- Able to work in stressful situations and ability to react to emergency situations in a thoughtful, calm manner.
- Review and update emergency and safety procedures/protocol annually.