About the State Fair of Texas Since its inception in 1886, the State Fair of Texas has celebrated all things Texan by promoting agriculture, education, and community involvement through quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment. The State Fair of Texas is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with all proceeds helping to preserve and improve Fair Park and underwrite museum, community and scholarship programs for inner city youth and students pursuing agricultural careers. The 2017 exposition runs September 29 through October 22 in Fair Park. Visit BigTex.com for more information.
Please note: In order to host a safe event for everyone, all seasonal employees currently working or joining the State Fair in the foreseeable future must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to HR before we complete the hiring process. Your proof of vaccination will be kept secure and confidential. The COVID-19 vaccine is essential for us to host an event this fall, which serves as our largest fundraiser and main source of revenue for the year, and we need to ensure that our employees, vendors, and guests are kept safe and healthy.
This position is responsible for the stocking and auditing of the coupon sales cases, issuing and receiving cases to/from Coupon Sales Sellers, and the stocking and support of the automated coupon kiosks.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Coupon Sales Office / Kiosk Support staff is responsible for the initial and daily stocking of the coupon sales cases with the specified amount of coupons, daily auditing of the coupon cases to determine the number of coupons returned after the previous day sales, issuing the appropriate coupon case to the designated Coupon Seller, setting up and shutting down the automated coupon kiosks, and providing support to the automated kiosks to keep them functioning and available.
- PERFORM the initial and daily stocking of the seller coupon cases and kiosk cases
- ISSUES issues assigned coupon cases to designated coupon sellers and kiosk booths
- AUDITS seller coupon cases and kiosk cases used after previous days sales to verify and document coupon quantities returned
- PERFORM open and close procedures for the automated coupon kiosks
- ASSIST with the daily monitoring of the Kiosk activity
- DOCUMENT all kiosk trouble issues into the daily kiosk log
- RESPOND to all problem issues associated with the automated coupon kiosks
- PERFORM other miscellaneous ad-hoc office tasks as assigned
- Modern office procedures, methods, and computer equipment
- Basic personal computer skills (set up, cabling, re-booting)
- People skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Golf Cart — Must attend safety training class; must have a valid drivers license (not suspended)
- Accurately document the quantities of coupons in the cases during the audit process
- Be courteous to customers when working to resolve problems with kiosks
- Communicate with all Coupon Sales staff in a courteous manner
- Pay attention to details, especially when issuing coupon cases to sellers
- Maintain a neat and friendly appearance
- Keep all areas safe and clean
- Adhere and enforce all rules and regulations found in the employee handbook