About the State Fair of Texas Since its inception in 1886, the State Fair of Texas has celebrated all things Texan by promoting agriculture, education, and community involvement through quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment. The State Fair of Texas is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with all proceeds helping to preserve and improve Fair Park and underwrite museum, community and scholarship programs for inner city youth and students pursuing agricultural careers. The 2017 exposition runs September 29 through October 22 in Fair Park. Visit BigTex.com for more information.
Please note: In order to host a safe event for everyone, all seasonal employees currently working or joining the State Fair in the foreseeable future must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to HR before we complete the hiring process. Your proof of vaccination will be kept secure and confidential. The COVID-19 vaccine is essential for us to host an event this fall, which serves as our largest fundraiser and main source of revenue for the year, and we need to ensure that our employees, vendors, and guests are kept safe and healthy.
This position is responsible for the re-stock of coupons to sellers, as they sell through their daily stock issued each day, and will deliver this re-stock to various seller booths located on the Fair grounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Coupon Sales Courier is responsible and held accountable for the State Fair Coupons being delivered to various coupon booths located on the Fair Grounds. The Courier will sign out with the initial receipt of State Fair Coupons and upon delivery of Coupons will advise seller to audit and sign in with receipt of State Fair Coupons.
- RECEIVES the initial State Fair Coupon re-stock inside Coupon Sales Office and will transfer the State Fair Coupon re-stock to various sellers located in various booths on the Fair grounds as needed.
- AUDITS the initial receipt of State Fair Coupon re-stock in the Coupon Sales Office and upon delivery to seller, advises seller to Audit receipt of State Fair Coupons.
- VERIFIES sellers identity prior to delivery of State Fair Coupons and upon delivery requires signature from seller.
- RETURNS seller’s signed receipt of re-stock to Coupon Sales Office.
- VERIFICATION of each coupon booth, at the close of each day, and after last seller has exited booth, to verify any contents that have been left in booth and should be returned to seller at close of each day.
- ASSIST with pickup and delivery of sellers to booths or office as needed.
- ASSIST with Pre-Fair set up
- ASSIST with other task associated with the distribution of coupons from the Coupon Sales Office as needed.
- PERFORM other miscellaneous ad-hoc office tasks as assigned
- Modern office procedures
- People skills
- Golf Carts – Must attend safety training class; must have a valid drivers license (not suspended)
- Accurately deliver Coupons to correct seller in a timely manner.
- Trustworthy with large amounts of Coupons.
- Be courteous to sellers and assist in their needs.
- Listen and Follow directions.
- Work in a confined space
- Stand on your feet for lengthy times as needed.
- Walk long distances and carry bags weighing various amounts.
- Lift boxes weighing 50lbs
- Communicate with all Coupon Sales staff in a courteous manner
- Pay attention to details.
- Maintain a neat and friendly appearance
- Keep all areas safe, clean and secure.
- Adhere and enforce all rules and regulations found in the employee handbook