About the State Fair of Texas Since its inception in 1886, the State Fair of Texas has celebrated all things Texan by promoting agriculture, education, and community involvement through quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment. The State Fair of Texas is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with all proceeds helping to preserve and improve Fair Park and underwrite museum, community and scholarship programs for inner city youth and students pursuing agricultural careers. The 2017 exposition runs September 29 through October 22 in Fair Park. Visit BigTex.com for more information.
Please note: In order to host a safe event for everyone, all seasonal employees currently working or joining the State Fair in the foreseeable future must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to HR before we complete the hiring process. Your proof of vaccination will be kept secure and confidential. The COVID-19 vaccine is essential for us to host an event this fall, which serves as our largest fundraiser and main source of revenue for the year, and we need to ensure that our employees, vendors, and guests are kept safe and healthy.
This position supervises the daily operations and activities inside the redemption coupon booths. The responsibilities include filling in the Redemption Clerk stations and continue distributing coupons while providing Redemption Clerk breaks.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is responsible for ensuring that the established procedures and policies are followed while distributing redemption coupons. Monitor the activities in the Redemption Coupon Booths to ensure the redemption clerks are distributing the coupon packets accurately.
- RECEIVE assigned Booths per day
- VERIFY the number of Redemption Clerks assigned to the Booths
- DETERMINE minutes allowed per Break for each clerk
- MONITOR – All activities in the booth
- ENSURE that EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE is provided
- DOCUMENT all problems or concerns and submit to Redemption Coupon Supervisor
- RESTOCK Booth each day with supplies needed such as: paper towels, Kleenex, tape, pens, etc.
- ENSURE that the Redemption Booths are neat and clean at all time
- Basic math
- Procedures and Policies
- Customer service relations
- Accurately distribute redemption coupons to customers
- Provide daily direction to assigned redemption clerks
- Pay attention to detail. Be sure the number of packets distributed balance to the number of barcodes scanned
- Be aware and alert at all times
- Provide prompt and friendly customer service
- Maintain a neat and friendly appearance; keep all areas safe and clean for customers and employees
- Adhere and enforce all rules and regulations found in the employee handbook
- Complete various daily reports