About the State Fair of Texas Since its inception in 1886, the State Fair of Texas has celebrated all things Texan by promoting agriculture, education, and community involvement through quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment. The State Fair of Texas is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with all proceeds helping to preserve and improve Fair Park and underwrite museum, community and scholarship programs for inner city youth and students pursuing agricultural careers. The 2017 exposition runs September 29 through October 22 in Fair Park. Visit BigTex.com for more information.
Please note: In order to host a safe event for everyone, all seasonal employees currently working or joining the State Fair in the foreseeable future must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to HR before we complete the hiring process. Your proof of vaccination will be kept secure and confidential. The COVID-19 vaccine is essential for us to host an event this fall, which serves as our largest fundraiser and main source of revenue for the year, and we need to ensure that our employees, vendors, and guests are kept safe and healthy.
This position is responsible for distributing prepurchased coupons to SFT patrons in accordance with the established rules, procedures, and policies.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
The redemption clerk is responsible for accurately distributing prepurchased coupon packets based on the number of barcodes presented by the customer either via a smartphone or paper document.
- SIGN-IN TO WORK on the daily Booth Schedule
- VERIFY the designated booth assignment and Redemption case number by daily schedules
- RECEIVE assigned redemption coupon case for daily coupon distribution
- REPORT to redemption support staff for transportation to redemption booth
- ORGANIZE work station in booth to begin daily redemption coupon distribution
- ENSURE number of packets distributed to customer balance to number of barcodes scanned
- ENSURE that EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE is provided
- REVIEW the Blue Book results report with Redemption Supervisor or Support Assistant at end of each shift
- DOCUMENT all problems or concerns and submit to Reliefs or Coupon Sales Supervisor
- Basic math
- SFT Procedures and Policies
- Customer service relations
- Accurate distribute redemption coupons to customers
- Pay attention to detail. Be sure the number of packets distributed balance to the number of barcodes scanned
- Be aware and alert at all times
- Provide prompt and friendly customer service
- Maintain good hygiene, neat and friendly appearance at all times
- Adhere to all rules and regulations found in the employee handbook