Since its inception in 1886, the State Fair of Texas has celebrated all things Texan by promoting agriculture, education, and community involvement through quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment. The State Fair of Texas is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with all proceeds helping to preserve and improve Fair Park; underwrite museum, community, and scholarship programs for inner-city youth and students pursuing agricultural careers; and help improve State Fair operations. The 2018 exposition runs September 28 through October 21 in Fair Park. Visit BigTex.com for more information.
Please note: In order to host a safe event for everyone, all seasonal employees currently working or joining the State Fair in the foreseeable future must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to HR before we complete the hiring process. Your proof of vaccination will be kept secure and confidential. The COVID-19 vaccine is essential for us to host an event this fall, which serves as our largest fundraiser and main source of revenue for the year, and we need to ensure that our employees, vendors, and guests are kept safe and healthy.
The Cash Collector is responsible for accurately counting as much money as possible from the Coupon Sales and Games sellers, and depositing the money in the booth safe with the least possible disruption to the Coupon Sales/Games sales operation. The success of the money counting operation relies on the Cash Collector’s adherence to the Cash Collectors Procedures document which is distributed annually to each Cash Collector.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately count cash in assigned Coupon Sales and Games booths.
- Prepare accurate receipts for each seller counted
- Bag the cash counted and drop the bag into the booth safe
- Ensure that the sellers’ cash supply in their assigned booths is kept as low as possible
- Record time worked daily in personal time sheet and summarize hours worked during the designated work period
- Train beginning cash collectors in the unit’s cash counting procedures
- Assist other teams in their cash counting operations as directed by the supervisor
- Maintain amiable relationship with team members and coupon sellers
A background check is mandatory and results must meet State Fair of Texas’ background check criteria
- Heavy cash handling, math skills, and balancing
- Adhere to State Fair of Texas Cash Collector procedures
- Write/print legibly
- Consistent attendance and punctuality is a job requirement
EXPERIENCE and TRAINING GUIDELINES
Experience counting currency preferred.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required WORKING CONDITIONSEnvironmental Conditions:
- Exposure to typical fall weather in Texas
- Physical Conditions:
- Regularly walk for prolonged periods; use hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects or tools; use repeating motions more than twice per minute; complete repetition of hand motions in a steady manner; work in small or tight spaces; use close vision with or without corrective lens (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
- Frequently reach, pull, push with hands and arms below head.
- Frequently talk; stoop, kneel; reach, pull, push with hands and arms above head.