StateFairofTX State Fair of Texas
Department: Public Relations
Department Head: Sr Vice President, Public Relations
Reports To: Sr Vice President, Public Relations
Updated: June 2021
Compensation: Seasonal – Hourly
Possible Start Date: July 14, 2021
Possible End Date: November 5, 2021
The State Fair of Texas is seeking a seasonal administrative assistant to assist the Public Relations team leading up to, during, and after the 2021 State Fair of Texas. Responsibilities may include: administrative tasks such as answering phones and email, maintaining schedules, and ordering office supplies; coordinating credentials, as directed; preparing media correspondence; assisting with special events; working with other departments to improve communication efforts; interacting with outside vendors and members of the media; and maintaining PR contact database.
Please note: In order to host a safe event for everyone, all seasonal employees currently working or joining the State Fair in the foreseeable future must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to HR before we complete the hiring process. Your proof of vaccination will be kept secure and confidential. The COVID-19 vaccine is essential for us to host an event this fall, which serves as our largest fundraiser and main source of revenue for the year, and we need to ensure that our employees, vendors, and guests are kept safe and healthy.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume directly to email@example.com.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide day-to-day support to senior vice president of PR and overall PR team;
- Answer main phone line in the State Fair Public Relations office;
- Maintain awareness and possible coordination of public relations activities;
- Assist in tracking and maintenance of media coverage, update media database, and help qualify and fulfill media requests;
- Provide a wide variety of general administrative support, including, but not limited to, maintenance of accurate and detailed files and records; verify accuracy of information, research discrepancies and record information; ordering office supplies;
- Respond to requests for information from team members, management/supervisory personnel, or guests;
- Provide information on departmental and State Fair of Texas policies and procedures as required; and transfer inquiries to the appropriate individual or department as necessary; receive, resolve, and respond to guest inquiries, and complaints;
- Assist with development and distribution of press materials and correspondence to the media and general public;
- Assist in cultivation of relationships with media, community organizations, and the general public;
- Assist in scheduling of meetings, television appearances, interviews, radio remotes, and film shoots as necessary for senior VP of public relations;
- Assist in execution of special events and promotions;
- Project an enthusiastic, positive image of all aspects of the State Fair of Texas.